Five Friday Favorites- Senior Year
1. Sweater: September means sweater weather! Although, its supposed to be a warmer fall, I'm still leaving room for a few sweaters for a chilly day. I have a few sweaters that I consider my favorites. There's my pink one from Forever 21 and my white cold shoulder sweater from Hollister. They are two of the most comfortable and stylish sweaters that I have and I wore them all the time last year when it was cold. They are very simple, but look cute with so many outfits!
2. Going out for lunch: Senior year brings the privilege of open campus. I will be able to leave the school for lunch this year, where I can go home and relax, or go out with friends for an hour. I'm planning on going out to lunch with my friends at Chipotle or Playa Bowls and bringing a Starbucks coffee back to school with me. I can also have a quick lunch at home and go to the gym to work out for a little. Go senior year!
3. Back to school bag: This year, my school is having every student keep a computer, which will eliminate papers. Since there will be less I have to carry, I decided to have a tote bag as my bag, instead of a traditional backpack. My tote bag is from Poverty Flats, and it's the perfect size to hold everything I will need for this year. I will have enough room to carry my computer, pens, pencils, and a couple of notebooks and folders.
4. Sephora Bye Bye Under eye illuminator: This is going to be a lifesaver when school starts. There's nothing worse than wanting to rock a cute outfit, but having bags under your eye's from late night of studying. I'm definitely going to use this every school day, and it's perfect because a little dab of it goes a long way. I also suggest that when applying it, do not rub directly below your eye. It's best blended when rubbing it on ur fingers or wrist and then applying it. Sephora Bye Bye Under eye paired with a Starbucks coffee will have you looking wide awake during your day.
5. My two wardrobe capsule outfits: I am doing a wardrobe capsule for the months of fall (click here to read all about it). My first day of school outfit is my new favorite jumper from Xomandysue, which I have an Ambassador partnership with. I think the jumper is so trendy because of the different neckline and the fact that it's denim. Use the code "Alexis35" on xomandysue.com for 35% off your clothes! The white turtleneck is from Forever 21, and it's really nice to wear as a layering piece or on it's own. My shoes are from Nordstroms, but they don't sell them anymore, so here's a similar one!
My second outfit is a mix of summer and fall. My top is from Zara, which I got from my trip to Italy. The weather was high 70's, so I thought I would try to get as much use out of my more warmer weathered clothes while I still have the time. My jeans are from Uniqlo and they are the most comfortable pair of jeans I own. They didn't come with the holes in them, I actually made holes myself with a machine that my mom has to make her own holes. It's sort of a mother-daughter bonding thing, we talk and make holes in our jeans. My shoes are from Nordstroms, and they are so comfortable! They run really big though, so I would by a size or maybe two smaller. I'm usually a 7 1/2 to 8, but I had to get a size 6 1/2. I wore a belt to keep the jeans up higher, since my shirt was a crop top. My belt is from Abercrombie.
Today, I am going to a Women's Wear Daily event for NYC Fashion Week, so I wanted to dress a little nicer for school. I wore a jumpsuit from Abercrombie, which is a new favorite of mine because it's denim. I love it because it has a little tie up in the back to add some detail to it. My shoes are Stan Smiths from Adidas.