My official tanning routine
Tanning has always been one of my favorite summer hobbies, and you may think I'm crazy, but I take tanning super competitively. I've been following a "tanning routine" for the past 3-4 years, and it's worked every summer! Today, I'm going to be telling you my secret to reaching your full tanning potential.
Along with the tips that I recommended in my previous post, The Science behind Tanning, I also follow a strict routine, so I hit every spot with sun. Here is each step that I follow:
1. I first start off by wearing my dark bikini with my dark towel and my Australian Gold sunscreen and Bronzer.
2. Then, I put on my tanning playlist, where I have songs for every beach vacation that I listen to to keep track of time.
3. I start off laying on my back, where I listen to 3 songs. I chose 3 because that's my lucky number, but also because my songs range from 2 minutes and 30 seconds to 4 minutes and 30 seconds, so the most I spend in one place is around 13 minutes and by that time I start to get uncomfortable.
4. After I listen to 3 songs on my back, I flip to my stomach, where I listen to 3 more songs.
5. After those 3 songs, I flip onto my back again. Guess what I do then? I listen to 3 more songs, but I don't flip on my my stomach again!
6. Instead, I get up and go in the ocean to cool down for a bit. I try to somewhat time how long I'm in the water to stay for around 3-4 minutes.
7. When I come back from the water, I start by going on my stomach and listening to 3 songs. I go on my stomach because I want my hair to dry off a little. This is where I give myself time to take a nap if I'm tired.
8. After that, I repeat the steps over again until I have to go back to get ready for dinner!