The Newest Looks in Denim for Fall/Winter 17-18
Here are some of the denim looks you should be watching out for in Fall/Winter 17/18...
1. Layered Denim Look: Denim on denim is making the ultimate statement in the "Country Girl" look because of the earthy tones of blue. The worn out, tattered finish of the denim on denim look helps to capture how designers want to portray this "natural" look. This all ties back to next seasons clothes revolving around the idea of the environment and nature. My favorite look is with multiple shades of blue. So, my suggestion to you is to stock up on those chambray shirts and denim skirts!
2. Military Look: We've already seen a lot of military, army green apparel on the streets, but there's going to be more of it coming. It's going to be seen in pants with a wider, flare legged look, along with a more feminine fit for tops. This is great of me because most of my closet consists of army green looks for the fall.
3. Frills, Ruffles and More: Thanks to high end brands like Gucci, the attention to details like ruffles, buttons, and frills are going to become more prevalent in fall and winter styles. There is more emphasis to sleeves, which is where we start to see these changes evolve. There's also going to be more details with pearl embellishments, so there will be a contrast of more old fashioned and historical with modern and sophistication.
4. Jackets and Coats: Of course going into fall and winter, you're going to need a good jacket. My suggestion to you is for fall, go with the trucker jackets. The truckers are going to continue to be the hottest style, after becoming popular last fall. For winter, there's going to be a BIG push for the fur coat. I think that is really good because I've always been a fan of warmth that my fur coats have given me in the winter. The plush collar and linings of the coat will give it a warm, but fashionable statement!
5. Wide Crop vs Straight Crop: I believe there's going to be a controversy between the wide crop and the straight crop pants. The wide crop pants started with celebrities in Spring 17 and they've still been seen over the summer, even in the hottest of temperatures! The good thing about the wide crop is that it gives you a more directional look, showing a casual, but formal look. There's also been a mix with the structure of the wide crop denim. There are some that have a thick form, while others have a fluent drape. It's funny to see how just a few years ago, the skinny jean was all the rage, and now it's the complete opposite. The straight crop denim, came on the scene Summer 17, it's been seen on celebrities, like Kylie Jenner, and at music festivals. The straight cropped denim allows for more variety with shoes and tops. It's also seen with mixed washes of blue and irregular hem lines, along with the mid to high rise to contour the cropped length.
I hope this helps you to determine what styles to go along with for fall and winter. I would like to hear your comments below if you want me to do more fashion forecasting posts because I will gladly do it. I researched the information for this snippet from WGSN and my trend tracking.