Five Friday Favorites- Perfect Date Ideas
Okay so today the Five Friday Favorites theme is going to be date ideas because I've had a lot of trouble trying to find some normal date ideas that isn't like "go to an opera" or "go cheese tasting" (those were two from Cosmopolitan). I decided to make a summer list of fun date activities that are normal, so hopefully this helps!
1. Go golfing and get ice cream: Golfing and ice cream is a cute way to spend a sunny, summer afternoon. You can do mini golf or go to the golfing range, they are both super fun! Even though I'm not the best at golfing, I've actually improved my skills and I can get the ball past the 100 yard line (I know, golfing is definitely in my future!) After a hot afternoon playing golf, you can go to ice cream. Ice cream is always a go to if you want to go somewhere else before or after a big activity.
2. Go to the beach together: Taking a beach trip is a "must" for summer date ideas, whether it's a day trip or an overnight trip. Last year, I went down to the Jersey Shore for the day and we had so much fun! We tanned, went in the ocean and, of course, got some ice cream on the way home. This year, we are going to be going to the Jersey shores, again, except we are going to be there for a couple of days together. I'm a huge planner when it comes to special occasions, so I'm planning on bringing some stuff to do on the beach, like a frisbee, football or a skipping ball to play with in the ocean. Fingers crossed for good weather because there will be a lot of tanning and swimming at the beach. There's also this really nice mini golf place that we can go to at night before shopping (because we always need to make time for shopping). One night, we will go to Cape May (a neighboring town) for all the good shops.
3. Go to a park and walk around: If your looking for something to do, going to a park and just walking around is actually really fun. There's a bunch of parks around me, so we will go to just hangout and talk. The park is so pretty, and not that many people know about it (I don't think), so there's not that many people there. We ended up sitting and talking for like two hours and it was actually pretty fun!
4. Have a photoshoot: pictures, pictures, pictures. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a little bit of an obsession over pictures, so why not have a photoshoot?! All you really need is a camera, either an iPhone or camera, you guys, some cute outfits and someone to take them or a camera stand. I happened to ask my boyfriend on a good day, and turns out he actually had fun with it! All you need is to find some cute poses on Pinterest or you can improvise if you are good at that. I get all my ideas off of Pinterest, and I try to copy it and it actually turns out good!
5. Spend the entire day together: I think the best kind of dates are the ones that don't end! Spending an entire day together will only bring you closer and you'll have a day to remember. I think if you are going to do an entire day, New York City is the way to go because there's so much to do! You can go to museums or walk the highline, go to lunch, do some shopping, go to Central Park, go out to dinner and then go to a show! In the winter, I went to see the Impractical jokers live with my boyfriend, and that was one of the best memories ever! If you want to stay local, because some people aren't a fan of New York City, you can go to the pool together, then maybe go to the mall or go to an arcade, go out to dinner and then maybe go to a movie at night!!