Five Friday Favorites week 5
1. Chokers: Chokers have definitely been the new FAD of this year. The thing I really like about chokers is that you can wear them with anything (except for turtlenecks). My favorite places to get my basic silver and gold chokers is from Urban Outfitters. They have a good selection of ones that you can easily overlap with other necklaces or ones that you can just wear by itself. I also like getting chokers at little boutiques because I always find ones that you wouldn't be able to find in a lot of other places. I will usually get some if I'm going into New York City or at small beach shops.
2. Maxi dresses/skirts: One look that will never get old. Maxi dresses/skirts are a go to for any fancy occasion. I usually try to bring out my maxi's when I'm going out to dinner at the beach mostly because they remind me of summer. A good place to get a maxi is Revolve. They have so many cute selections and the thing I like about revolve is that you can easily set a price maximum for what you are looking for. I got this super cute maxi skirt at Revolve and it is my favorite one! (similar /ones /here) I'm currently looking to get a floral colored maxi dress at either Forever 21 or Lulus. They have super cute and cheap styles that look like ones you can get for $100.
3. Sandals: I am very picky about which sandals I buy, they have to be just right. When I find the right pair, though, I'm the type of person that will wear them EVERYWHERE. Right now, my all time favorites are my Target sandals. I get so many complements on them and when I tell people they are from Target, they are shocked. They are so easy to slip on when you are heading out the door. I have also bought some cute sandals from Urban Outfitters too. I bought blue ones last year and I really like how they strap around my ankle, so I don't feel like they are going to fall off (similar /ones/ here). One of the best places to go for any shoe is DSW. I got really cool black, tie up sandals that I wear so much (Similar/ ones/ here). They are definitely a shoe that will bring a little pizzazz to your outfit. I just bought my newest pair of sandals from Toms, they are super natural, comfortable and give back to others.
4. Lip sticks: I am a huge fan of lipsticks. I definitely like the reds and pinks more than the darker colors because they are more practical for a natural look. I wear red lipstick from Smashbox almost every day to school and it adds just enough color to pop out but not too much. I am also starting to dig the neutral colors, like the neutral pink I go from MAC. It's a very New York-ish kind of color that can pretty much complete an outfit, to make you look topnotch.
5. Forever 21: I shop at Forever 21 a lot, pretty much a third of my outfits from every season are from there. I always find cute things there, but the thing about that store is you have to be open minded. I always hear people hating on Forever 21 because some of their clothes get ruined easily, which may be true, but that doesn't mean everything will. Forever 21 is one of those stores that you need to be patient and look around at EVERYTHING. There could be a cute shirt hiding behind a bunch of shorts and you wouldn't be able to see it. Another thing I've found is that sometimes trying on an outfit you may think would be ugly, will actually turn out to be pretty awesome. It may be just luck that I always find cute things there, but I suggest that you try this too. Another thing not many people know about is their online store. I cannot stress enough how different in style the clothes are in stores than online. They have the stuff that is sold in stores, but they also have much more! I'm trying to find some cute outfits for my trip to Italy this summer, and I happened to place over $1,000 worth of clothes into my cart. Now this may be because I'm a bit of a shopaholic, but I know good clothes when I see them, and Forever 21 has tons and tons of them.