Five Friday favorites-impractical jokers city trip
Yesterday, I went to go see the Impractical Jokers Love Show at Madison Square Garden, and they were absolutely hilarious. Here are 5 of my favorite things about the trip:
1. The Impractical Jokers MSG: It was one of the funniest shows I’ve seen. To start off, they all make fun of each other by comparing how they look to random, but hilarious things. They told us stories of stuff they did outside of the show and it was hilarious. They talked a little bit on the different kind of road rage they all have and Sals was so relatably funny. They also teased Murr for the punishment where they shaved his eyebrows off and it turns out that Murr had a date two days later! It did not end up going well as you can imagine.
2. Dinner at Stella’s: Stella’s is a great place to go eat if you are in midtown. It’s a 10 minute walk from Penn Station and the food is amazing! The pasta that i ordered was amazing as well and the Margarita pizza (don’t worry, i did not eat both, my boyfriend had the pizza). The only trouble that we had was finding the location of Stella’s within Macy’s because the Macy’s store is huge.
3. The Impractical Jokers opener: Before the four guys came on stage, there were a couple of people there to keep us entertained. There was a DJ and he was okay, except he ended up having trouble putting on some songs, which is super awkward. There was also a comedian from SNL that opened for the Impractical Jokers and he was so funny. Colin Jost told us some jokes, like one was hearing himself on SNL while he was sitting at a bar and they insulted his jokes by putting in subtitles “mild laughter”. That one was really funny.
4. Macy’s Christmas decoration: It’s not even Thanksgiving yet and Macy’s already had their Christmas decorations up and ready to go. I loved seeing all the decorations in the store as we were going to Stella’s. They went over the top with crystals coming from the ceiling along with snow globes hanging from the ceiling.
5. The behind the scene footage from Impractical Jokers: They showed us a lot of behind the scenes clips that did not air on tv. My favorite was when they had to approach people in Central Park with skidding on bikes and they had to say the craziest things. Some of the stuff they said was so funny. Another funny clip was when they tried to be the scariest. Sal was someone trying to get people in a van. Q was a bush that was following a teenage baseball player. Joe was Willy Wonka and kept offering people candy. Murr was a creepy guy with a mustache that showed no emotion, and he won!