Eating out for Lunch in NYC
There’s nothing like going into the city for the afternoon, or the weekend. My favorite thing to do in New York City (besides shopping) is eating at the delicious restaurants! No matter where you are, there’s always some great places to enjoy some food. Here are ten of my favorite places to eat for lunch....
1. Dig Inn: If you’ve seen my Instagram (@nycfashionfitnessfun), you know that I’m obsessed with a quick dine place called Dig Inn. It’s a buffet style place that you can pick from an entree, appetizer and some type of protein, so you can have a full meal in a little container! They have some amazing options, my favorite being the arugula salad, macaroni and cheese and spicy potatoes. Dig Inn is the new healthy chipotle and it’s a great place to stop in for a quick lunch.
2. Mac Bar: Mac Bar is a restaurant in SOHO that has pretty much any type of macaroni and cheese imaginable. For a Macaroni and Cheese phenetic, like me, it’s like food heaven. They have some pretty crazy options, like pizza Mac and cheese, four cheese Mac and cheese, cheeseburger Mac and cheese, and so many more different kinds. Just listing those off is making my mouth water! They have a take out restaurant and a sit down one, so you can go to either restaurant and get the same thing!
3. Stella’s: Stella’s is a classic American food restaurant. It is located on the top floor of the Macy’s in Herold square. The view of the city from the top floor is amazing and the food is just the right amount. I always get the Alfredo pasta or the personal pizza and they come out picture perfect!
4. Prett: Prett is one of the best sandwich places out there. There is a Prett on literally every corner of NYC. It’s meant to be a quick, grab-and-go place as an option for lunch. I’ve been going there since I was in seventh grade, (going to camp at FIT), always getting the same ham and cheese sandwich with a strawberry lemonade.
5. Calle Dao: Calle Dao is an amazing Cuban Chinese restaurant! I found out about it through my mom, who was having a photoshoot at the restaurant (that’s how photogenic it is!) When I had lunch there, I ordered a bunch of appetizers and split it with my mom. My favorite were the spring rolls, they were amazing! After we had lunch, we had dessert and it was so good!
6. Standard grill: The Standard Grill is one of the most coolest restaurants in Chelsea. It’s a great place to take a break from shopping. You can shop in the morning around Chelsea, eat lunch at Standars Grill, and then walk the High Line. It’s a perfect location! There’s also an outside seating, along with bar seating. I usually get the Cheeseburger and fries or the arugula salad, depending on if I’m feeling healthy or not.
7. Eatily: Eatily is one of the most amazing Italian restaurants in NYC. The first couple of floors are designed as a super market, and then the top floor is a rooftop restaurant! The rooftop has such a cute vibe. In the summer, they take the roof down and you can enjoy the fresh air while you are eating. In the winter, they put the roof up and decorate it all festive for the holidays.
8. Bryant Park Grill: Althouth I’ve never been to Bryant Park Grill, my mom wanted me to put it on the list because she said it amazing. Not many people know about it because it’s hidden.
9. Landmarc: Landmarc has been a family fav for a while because there’s something for everyone. Landmarc is on the top floor of the Columbus Circle Mall, which means there’s an amazing view! I usually get macaroni and cheese or Calamari, which just so happen to be my two favorite foods. For dessert, they give everyone cotton candy, which is so fun!
10. Dos Caminos: Dos Caminos, which is in Chelsea, is an amazing Mexican place. My all time favorite food to get is a Quesadilla, and it’s so good! Dos Caminos is super festive and has a great vibe with the loud music and high tables.