How to turn a Summer Outfit into a Fall Outfit
I apologies for being quiet for so long, I've been so busy with preparing for college and moving in! But, anyways, I'm back and I'm going to try to post weekly!
There's always that weird time between summer and fall, where it's too early to bring out the fall boots and sweater, but to late to keep wearing your beach dresses and bikinis. This time of the season is really hard for fashionistas to find outfits to wear on a daily basis. Luckily, I've been doing some research and I'm going to show you a bunch of easy ways to turn summer outfits into fall ones!
1. Adding long sleeves: ever since last year, the trend of layering a simple long sleeve top underneath a dress has been huge! I really like it because it's a way to keep warm, and at the same time look stylish. There's definitely not a lot of people that do it because they wither don't know how to wear it, or what to wear it with. I would suggest getting a basic colored (either white or black) fitted long sleeve top and wearing it underneath a dress thats a little more looser. If you want to get real crazy, you can even wear an off the shoulder top under the dress too!
2. Accessorizing with belts: Here's a funny little story about this idea. So I was working at Anthropologie and a woman walked into the store wearing a white top, biker shorts and a corset belt, and I was in love with that outfit. I went online to Urban Outfitters and found my own corset belt and started wearing it with tee shirt dresses. After that I began to get more and more belts, some black and some brown, and wearing them with rompers or dresses.
3. Sneakers: Sneakers, especially Converse and Adidas, are great transition sneakers when you want to make the outfit less summery. Wearing sneakers with a tee shirt dress or jeans is such a casual look that is great for that transition time between summer and fall.
4. Hats: Hats are one of the best accessories to add to an outfit. I've always been a huge fan of the wool hats.A basic black or brown hat can turn that summer outfit into a fall one. Everywhere now a days has these kind of hats because they have always been a popular accessory to wear in the fall, so everyone should have at least one!
5. Jeans: Again, it's another staple piece to Fall! Wearing jeans instead of shorts is such an easy way to turn a summer top into a transitional top. I'm a huge fan of either skinny or flare jeans because they can always be dressed up or down. My personal favorite jean that I'm going to be wearing A LOT this fall is my Free People flare jean. I love the fit of it and they are just the right leg length!
6. Puff sleeve: I've had an obsession with the Puff Sleeve top ever since I started following Daniella Bernstein (aka @weworewhat) on Instagram. I feel like a lot of what she wears, whether it's dresses or tops, is puff sleeved. I think the puff sleeve look is adorable for fall and has such a fall vibe to it! This outfit below is definitely inspired by her.
7. Tee shirt dress: I'm not sure what it is, but lately, I've been crazy for Tee shirt dresses. I recently bought a white one to wear with my corset belt, along with a camo one because camo is super trendy now. You can easily sport a good tee shirt dress with some sneakers (for a fall sporty look) or some boots.